Latest Firm News & Announcements
- Kevin B. Rack recently presented “Client Confidentiality in a Digital World: New ABA Ethics Opinion #477” as a part of the 36th Annual Trusts and Estates continuing legal education program hosted in Fairfax, Roanoke and Williamsburg in October. Mr. Rack’s representation clarified for Virginia attorneys the implications of the “technology amendments” to the Rules of Professional Conduct as described in the ABA Opinion, and provided recommendations for compliance with the core ethical duties of competence, communication and confidentiality in client matters. Mr. Rack is a frequent speaker for the Virginia CLE on the subject of professional ethics in the practice areas of estate planning and elder law.
- Congratulations to Kevin B. Rack, who has been selected for recognition in the 24th Edition of “The Best Lawyers in America” in the categories of Trusts & Estates and Trust & Estate Litigation, compiled and published by U.S. News and World Report for 2017.
- The light from Jennifer L. Moccia continues to shine brightly! Ms. Moccia was recognized by her peers for inclusion on the list of Virginia’s “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” for Estate Planning & Probate, making 2017 her fifth consecutive year on the list of Rising Stars.
- Kevin B. Rack was selected by his peers to be a member of “Virginia’s Legal Elite” for 2017. The list of Virginia’s Legal Elite is the result of an annual survey of attorneys in the Commonwealth which asks lawyers to nominate those they believe to be the best in their profession, with 18 practice area categories. KBR was named to the list in the category of Taxes/ Estates/ Trusts/ Elder Law.
- Through an extensive selection process, Kevin B. Rack has been selected to be a part of Virginia’s “Super Lawyers” for 2017 within the Estate Planning and Probate category.
- Kevin B. Rack was named to the list of “Best Lawyers in America” in the categories of Trusts & Estates and Trust & Estate Litigation by U.S. News and World Report for 2016.
- Congratulations to Jennifer Moccia, who was recognized by her peers with her inclusion on the list of “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” for 2016. Ms. Moccia, who became an equity shareholder in the Firm in December, 2015, was also elected to serve as Chair of the Trusts & Estates Section of the Virginia State Bar at the Annual Meeting held in mid-June in Virginia Beach.
- Based upon excellent reviews by her clients, the internet attorney search firm, Avvo, recently recognized Jennifer Moccia with the “Clients’ Choice Award” for 2016. The Avvo Clients’ Choice Award is an annual recognition of attorneys nationwide who have received at least five reviews with 4 stars or more on his or her online profile. The model used to calculate the rating was developed with input from attorneys, consumers, and others with a keen awareness of the legal profession.
- The Shareholders of Rack & Moccia, P.C. are delighted to recognize the contributions of our staff and attorneys to the 25th Annual Norfolk & Portsmouth Bar Association (NPBA) local “Legal Food Frenzy,” which garnered them the Volunteer Service Award for 2016. In addition to helping with sorting and packaging the food donations for distribution throughout the community, Rack & Moccia, P.C. donated food and cash equivalent to 5,250 pounds of food to benefit the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore. The Annual Statewide Legal Food Frenzy is a collaboration of the Attorney General’s Office, the Young Lawyers Division of the Virginia Bar Association and the Federation of Virginia Food Banks in which Virginia law firms and corporate legal departments are challenged to a friendly food- and fund-raising competition for the benefit of their respective communities.